Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall Break

Today is the start of Fall Break!! I love working in the school system!! All the good holidays, and even the random ones, are observed! I get from Thursday until next Monday off. I still have Bel Aire, but that wont be too bad. I mean, I get to sleep when I get off work at 7am. This is going to be super cool.

Today is Thursday, and that means a fun dinner with friends. I really look forward to Thursdays. I really don't get out much, and yes this is my fault, but Thursdays are one thing I know I can count on for fun with some of my closest friends.

This Thursday I get to cook. And looking at my dish, I think I should have ordered out. I can cook don't get me wrong, but unless you are 90 years old I'm not that good. Its been tried and tested, I am not just being hard on myself. I hope they like it. If they like it, and not just fake liked it which I sure they might do so they wont hurt my feelings, I will tell you what I did. And if it is bad Aubrey's Black Forest cake will make everything all better. And that is what dessert is supposed to do anyway.

I will let you all know.

5 comments:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Remember the time you burnt 3 toaster streudels in a row- the last one sporting flames (awesomeness divine!)? Or the time you made rice and it all stuck together in one glob that was suspciously Elmers-esque? Good times. You do make a perfectly delightful No-Bake Cheesecake though, which is not a mocking statement at all. For some reaon, I just can't get them to turn out right. Oh- and the time yo tried ot get the jello to se in the freezer and it dripped into the rhodes frozen rolls, and then when mom made those rolls they were weird and gross, but we kept eating them anyway.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Or when you made fish-sticks for Dana but they were still frozen and we didn't find out unitl she had eaten like 10 of them, so you put them in to cook longer and ended up burning them to tiny black crisps of fishy grossness?

Mrs. Jones said...

O.K. Mandi, I seem to remember some cookies you made with cups of baking soda instead of teaspoons. Your dad ate every one of them as you were so proud of them. Also, I think you've burnt a thing or two yourself. We all have some disasters in our past.

However, Heather I do recall an interesting treat you made for me on my unbirthday, Kafuki? I think? And that was on purpose. I did get you back though.

Aimee Lynn said...

Dinner was fabulous, Heather. I really did like it... I'm not even lying!

I love you!

Aubstar said...

I admire your suspicious inability to thoroughly cook frozen things. I always forget that you have this knack until I chomp down into a corndog and it's piping hot, yet frozen in the middle.

But, you my dear, may not have the gene required for microwave dinners, but you have some serious skills with a crockpot.

Nevermind that the crock pot is the easiest form of cooking... :P